The Cajun BurgerPrep: 10 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 4by Patti Fisher68 recipes>
Patti had a hankering for Jambalaya, but Ken had to have a bacon cheese burger. So, we compromised and made a burger with our favorite Chef of the Future Cajun Seasoning on a bacon cheeseburger topped with extra large shrimp. It came out great, especially adding our bacon square. Our first ingredient in our cooking is imagination, but sometimes it’s fun. We topped these beauties with a Secret Spicy Sauce of equal parts red hot sauce, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- 4 1/3lb. burgers 80/20
- 4 bacon squares ()
- Habanera Jack cheese, to taste
- 20 extra large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- Chef of the Future Cajun Rub & Seasoning, sprinkled generously on burgers and shrimp
- Sliced onion
- Secret Spicy Sauce
- Lettuce & tomato
- Condiments of choice
- Hamburger buns
- Make the Secret Spicy Sauce with equal parts red hot sauce, mayonnaise and sour cream. Preheat the grill to 400 degrees (205c); we like to use Grill Grates on our grills. They add a nice hot sear to your recipes. Generously season your burgers and shrimp with Chef of the Future Cajun Rub and put them in the fridge until you’re ready for them.
- When the grill is hot put the shrimp and burgers on at the same time. We put the shrimp in some Lodge cast iron dishes with a little butter and seasoning. After 2 minutes give the burgers a quarter turn and stir the shrimp. After 2 more minutes flip the burgers, you are doing 4 minutes per side. Add your bacon square and cheese and do a quarter turn to the burger and stir the shrimp.
- About 8 minutes cooking time should do, but grill them to your taste. Pull them and build your burger. U.S.D.A. safe for All ground meat is 165 degrees (74c). I use a Maverick ProTemp Instant Read Thermometer for checking meat temps.
- For in your kitchen recipe check out our website
Leave a review or comment