The Best Refrigerator PicklesPrep: 20 min Servings: 56by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
This is my mothers refrigerator pickle recipe. This was handed down from generation to generation in our house.
- 7 Cups Sliced Pickle Cucumbers
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Heinz White Vinegar
- 1 Cup Sliced White Onions
- 1 Tbsp. Canning Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Celery Seed
- Place pickle cucumber and onion in a large non-reactive bowl. Mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight to blend flavors and juice comes to the top.
- These will keep in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Yield: 7 Cups.
- Note: Reactive Metals Are: Aluminum and copper. If any bowls or containers are made of either of these metals, the pickles will pick up a metallic flavor caused by the vinegar reacting with the metal. Also keep in mind that plastics will absorb the flavor and smell of vinegar, so it’s best not to use plastic.
Leave a review or comment