The Best Carrot Cake EverPrep: 30 min Cook: 90 min Servings: 10by Stan Jenkins6 recipes>
Rosalie Williams made the best carrot cake when I was a child. It was her specialty at church dinners. As an adult, I got her recipe because I remembered how great it was. It doesn't have a cream cheese icing but rather a delicious buttermilk glaze. I don't have any photos but plan to make this for a family gathering and will take pictures. This recipe is for a cake that serves 8-10 people.
- 1 1/2 cups of oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of black walnut flavoring
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 pkg. of black walnuts
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of sugar (for the glaze)
- 4 tbsp. of white syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups of oil, 2 cups of sugar, 6 eggs, 1 tbsp. of cinnamon, 1 tbsp. of black walnut flavoring and 1 tbsp. of vanilla.
- Mix together 2 cups of self-rising flour, 2 cups of shredded carrots and 1 pkg. of black walnuts.
- Combine and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours in tube pan.
- Buttermilke Glaze - 1 cup of buttermilk, 3/4 cup of sugar, 4 tbsp. of white syrup and 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- Bring to a boil but don't let boil. Take cake out and put on glaze while the glaze is still hot.
Leave a review or comment