Thai style mini fish cakes with salsa
These mini fish cakes are so quick and easy to make you could get your little one to help you.Makes a great entree, snack or party food. These adorable little fish cakes will be a hit at your next party..... make sure you make enough to go around! Serve topped with Avocado slasa.
- 600g Firm White-Fleshed Fish, roughly chopped (I used Cod,you could monkfish too)
- leaves from4-6 stalks Coriander
- 2 small Red Onion, diced
- 2-4 tsp Green Curry Paste, or to taste
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp light low salt soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup Oil for frying
- For Avocado Salsa
- 2 Avocados, diced
- juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Red Onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- 4 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Combine the fish, coriander, red onion,soy sauce and curry paste in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they are well blended.
- Add the egg and sesame oil and process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Place tablespoon-sized balls of the fish mixture in the pan, pressing them down gently to flatten them slightly. Fry the fish cakes on both sides until they are golden and cooked through. Remove the fish cakes from the pan and drain them on paper towels.
- To make the salsa, combine the avocado, lemon juice, red onion and coriander and toss through the sweet chilli sauce.
- TIP:You can use lime juice instead of lemon, and mint instead of coriander, if you prefer.
Leave a review or comment