Tender Yeast PancakesPrep: 15 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 1by Kari Smith11 recipes>
I came across this recipe years ago....& have used it ever since. It keeps for up to 5 days in the frig. It's light & fluffy. You can add any of the following; mashed or cubed bananas & orange zest, which is a nice touch...or any orther fruit. Enjoy!
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 tsp of Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Opt; 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, chopped dried
- apricots, raisens, blueberries, saskatoons, banana.
- Disolve the yeast & water with 1 tsp of sugar....set aside
- Sift together; flour, Baking soda & powder, sugar, salt, &
- (spices or zest if adding .)
- In a large bowl...add beaten eggs, oil, buttermilk & fruit if
- using any. Mix well.
- Pour flour mixture into wet ingredients...and mix..it will
- be lumpy& thick.
- Bake on a lightly oiled grill.
- Note; Can be made the night before...cover tightly & keep
- in the frig. for up to 5 days.
Leave a review or comment