Taco Plate CasserolePrep: 25 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Taco Plate Casserole is layered taco meat, cheese, tortilla chips and a zesty refried bean mixture; it’s a Mexican Fiesta in a pan!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ packet (1.25 oz) taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (12 oz) package corn tortillas
- 1 (10 oz) bag tortilla chips, crumbled
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 oz) jar Salsa or pico de gallo
- Sour cream and chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef, chorizo and chopped onion.
- Drain any fat and add the taco seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir well to combine.
- Add the refried beans, tomatoes, soup and olives; mix well and heat thoroughly.
- Spray a 9 x 13” dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Reserve 2 cups of the meat mixture for the top of the casserole. Set aside.
- Layer half the corn tortillas on the bottom. Then make a layer with half of the remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle one cup of the cheese on top and half of the crumbled tortilla chips. Repeat another layer of tortillas, meat, cheese and chips. Finish with the 2 cups of reserved meat mixture and the remaining 2 cups of cheese on top. Pour the salsa over the top and bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and chopped green onions, if desired.
Leave a review or comment