TabouliPrep: 10 min Servings: 8by Jacqui Patek3 recipes>
This is a quick and fresh dish that is good all year round. I love to serve it with pita chips.
- 2 cups cracked wheat (bulghur)
- 2 cups very hot water
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, (8) sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint
- 2 cups fresh chopped cilantro or parsley. ( I prefer cilantro)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- **I like to use a food processor to chop up all of the fresh ingredients, it is a lot quicker then chopping by hand.**
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- *Soak the cracked wheat in the hot water until the water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- * Drain any excess water, if necessary, and squeeze dry.
- * Combine the salad ingredients, including wheat, in a medium bowl.
- * Mix the dressing ingredients together and stir into the salad mixture.
- *Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Leave a review or comment