Swiss Mushroom Pheasant BreastPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
This entree is easy to prepare but looks and tastes special enough for company and special-occasion suppers. Everyone enjoys the golden pheasant breasts topped with ham, melted Swiss cheese and fresh mushrooms.
- 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Pheasant Breast Halves
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Crushed Butter-Flavored Crackers (About 25)
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Lb. Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, Divided
- 4 Thin Slices Deli Ham
- 4 Thin Slices Swiss Cheese
- Flatten pheasant to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Combine cracker crumbs and salt in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumbs; set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, sauté mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until golden brown; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook pheasant over medium heat in remaining butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Top each pheasant breast half with a ham slice, mushrooms and a cheese slice. Broil 4 - 6 in. from the heat for 1 - 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Tip: This recipe is great when you use pork chops or chicken breasts in place of the pheasant.
Leave a review or comment