Sweetened Banana with TapiocaPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
One of the many sweetened fruit recipes that Filipinos like.
- 4 pieces plantains (saging na saba)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked tapioca
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in water then let boil.
- Add brown sugar and stir until diluted.
- Add salt and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Put-in the plantains and adjust the heat to medium. Cover the cooking pot and simmer for 8 to 12 minutes or until the liquid thickens.
- Add the pre-cooked tapioca and stir until it blends in.
- Turn-off heat and allow the plantains to cool.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with milk (optional)
Leave a review or comment