Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin SeedsPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds are butter roasted with 7 spices that will keep your friends guessing! These snappy little seeds are very addicting!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2½ cups raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas), I used Trader Joe’s
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a rimmed baking sheet with the vegetable oil.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the pepitas to a medium bowl and add the butter spice mixture. Toss to combine well.
- Spread out evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir once or twice during the baking process to make sure they brown evenly. Let cool completely.
Leave a review or comment