Summer Vegetable soup
Eating 5 vegetables a day is easy with this vegetarian summer soup. Some would call it summer minestrone. This can be made a day ahead, refrigerated overnight and reheated in crock pot. It freezes well. cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg“Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup green and or red bell peppers, diced
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes with juice or 3 fresh tomatoes
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ozro pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon each fresh basil, parsley and cilantro, chopped or 1 teaspoon each of the dried herbs.
- Prepare all vegetables before starting to cook.
- Heat olive oil in 6 quart Dutch oven.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery, cook until soft and onion translucent.
- Add the remaining vegetables, broth, tomato paste, ozro pasta, seasoning and herbs.
- Stir to blend, cover and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
Leave a review or comment