Stuffed Blue Crabs
Delicious Southern Cookin'
- 12 Cooked & picked blue crabs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 25-35 crackers, crushed fine I use Ritz
- 1 stick of real butter, salted or unsalted your choice
- Crab boil, such as Zatarain's
- Fresh or dried parsley, minced
- Tony Chachere's More Spice Seasoning
- Bring 8-10 quarts of water and 1 cup of crab boil to a rolling boil.
- Add live crabs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and hot soak 15 minutes.
- If you like spicy food add ice and cool soak 15 more minutes.
- Pick crabs and thoroughly clean shells, set aside.
- Saute vegetables and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until soft.
- Sprinkle with crab boil to taste.
- Fold crushed crackers into vegetable mixture. Reserve a little.
- LIGHTLY fold crab into crackers and vegetables.
- Stuff into cleaned crab shells.
- Top with a sprinkling of cracker crumbs, butter, parsley & Tony's.
- Bake at 400* until crackers are lightly browned, about 15 minutes
- You can save a lot of time by buying lump crab meat and baking containers used specifically for stuffed crabs.
Leave a review or comment