Steamed Dang Gui Chicken with Black FungusPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 5by Blackswan82 recipes>
Dang Gui is popularly used to make Chinese tonics. The chicken is fragrant and tender, and tastes wonderfully appetizing with the addition of Black Fungus, Wolfberries and Red Dates.
- 1 medium Chicken
- 25g Black fungus
- 7 seedless Red Dates
- 2 big slices of Dang Gui
- 2 tsp Wolfberries
- 25g Ginger (shredded) Amount according to preference
- ¼ cup Water
- Marinade for Chicken:
- 3 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- Pinch of Pepper
- Soak the dang gui, fungus and dates till soft. Drain. Cut dang gui into slices and remove roots from fungus. Set aside.
- Cut up chicken and remove unwanted parts, skin and fats.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Lay fungus, some ginger and herbs on steaming dish and top with chicken. I like to put the fungus at the bottom so that the juices from the chicken will flow down to the fungus making them more flavourful.
- Lastly, put the rest of the ginger and herbs on the chicken. Add water and give it a gentle stir.
- Steam chicken for about 20 mins. I use my microwave to steam, so I put a cling wrap to cover the chicken and put on auto steam. To check if chicken is cook, the toothpick will penetrate into the meat easily without any resistance. Mix well and serve hot! Drizzle more wine if you like!
Leave a review or comment