Sponge CakePrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 3by MyWeekend Plan58 recipes>
Sponge cake is the mother of the cake, it is the most basic cake recipe. For those who are new into baking it is one of the must learn cake.
- 187 g Cake Flour
- 187 g Castor Sugar
- 281 g Eggs
- 62.5 g Corn Oil
- In a water bath bowl, add in sugar and egg and whisk until the sugar dissolve and the temperature around 42 celsius.
- Once warm, beat it using a stand mixer or hand whisk. Beat until super fluffy
- Once fluffy, incorporate the flour slowly a little at a time
- After finish adding the flour, fold in corn oil
- Transfer it in 2 6 inch baking pan
- Bake in a 180c preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the toothpick came out clean.
- Cut it into the desired thickness.
Leave a review or comment