Spinach Salad with Hot bacon DressingPrep: 30m min Cook: 5 min Servings: 6by B Innes83 recipes>
A tangy salad
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves approximately 6 ounces stems removed
- 4-6 slices bacon
- 2-3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 Tbs white wine or champagne vinegar
- 2 eggs boiled hard* and chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- This recipe will serve 4-6 persons.
- Take the bacon and cut into ¼ inch pieces ,saute until crisp and most of the fat has been rendered.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel to drain, and reserve the bacon fat and estimate how many Tablespoons bacon fat you have. You will need approximately 3 times as much vinegar in total as fat. So 2 Tablespoons of fat would need about 6 Tablespoons in total of Vinegar, which should be sufficient for this recipe. You don't have to be exact a reasonable estimate will be fine.
- Remove the stems from the spinach leaves , rinse and pat or spin dry.
- To Assemble
- Just before serving, place the spinach in a salad bowl, sprinkle the eggs and bacon bits over the top.
- Take the pan with the bacon fat and bring up to medium heat, add the onions and saute until they are softened.
- Once the onions are softened, add the appropriate amount of vinegar and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the salad and toss to coat all the leaves with the dressing and to mix the other ingredients, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Leave a review or comment