Special Chocolate Chip Sandwiches
- 1 pkt DUNCAN HINES Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 x Egg
- 2 tsp Water
- 8 ounce Chocolate-flavored candy coating
- 1/4 c. Minced sliced natural almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375'F.
- 2. Combine cookie mix, contents of buttery flavor packet from Mix, egg and water is large bowl. Stir till thoroughly blended. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375'F. for 8-10 min or possibly till light golden. Cold 1 minute on baking sheets.
- Remove to cooling racks. Cold completely.
- 3. Place chocolate candy coating in small saucepan. Heat on low heat, stirring frequently till smooth.
- 4. To assemble, spread about 1/2 tsp. melted coating on bottom of one cookie; top with second cookie. Press together to make sandwiches. Repeat with remaining cookies. Dip one-third of each sandwich cookie in remaining melted coating and sprinkle with almonds. Place on cooling racks till coating is set. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers.
- Makes 18 sandwich cookies.
Leave a review or comment