Spanish RicePrep: 5 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 8by Wendi Taylor51 recipes>
Ever wondered how to get that perfect consistency of spanish rice that's served in restaurants? Here's the secret...
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 4-1/2 cups water
- Heat the olive oil in large sauce pan.
- Saute uncooked rice, garlic, and onion in the heated oil. Stir frequently and do not allow to burn.
- When rice begins to brown, add water and cilantro and quickly bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Allow rice to sit for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Leave a review or comment