Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1/4 cup olive oil or salad oil 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (6-oz) cans tomato paste 1 cup water
- 2 (one-pound) cans Italian style tomatoes or regular Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add onion & garlic and cook until tender. Add tomato paste, water and tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Add the sugar, salt and spices. Cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. If sauce becomes too thick, add a small amount of water at a time to thin to desired consistency.
- To make meatballs, combine the ingredients, mix well and form into small balls. Heat in skillet one Tablespoon olive oil or salad oil. Add meatballs and brown on all sides (or place in a microwavable pan and heat on high 5 minutes, turn and heat on high 5 minutes more). Remove from pan and add to sauce. Cook, covered for 15 minutes.
- ￼Serve over 1 pound cooked thin spaghetti.
Leave a review or comment