Soy-Free Vegan OmelettesPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 2by hilda1 recipe>
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (savoury yeast flakes)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 cup water
- Thoroughly brush or spray a frying pan with olive oil and heat on a medium-high setting. When the pan is hot, pour in half the batter (if it is thicker in the centre and thinner on the outsides you can use the back of a metal spoon to gently spread the batter out).
- Cook without disturbing until the edges are cooked through and there are bubbles in the middle. Gently flip over and cook for a further minute or two, until the other side is completely cooked. Place on a plate, keeping it warm in the oven if you wish.
- When the first omelette is out of the pan, quickly pour the other half of the batter in and cook in the same way.
- Put toppings on one half of each circle and flip the other side over the top.
Leave a review or comment