This is my hubby's favorite. This is always his birthday cake request.
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines butter recipe golden cake mix (reserve 2 Tbsp for filling) - have also used spice cake mix instead
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/2 C Crisco oil
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp reserved cake mix
- 2 tsp cinnamon (I use Cinnamon Plus from Pampered Chef)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 C finely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- 1 C Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine filling ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix, sour cream, oil, sugar, water and eggs.
- Beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 batter into a greased & floured 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle filling evenly over batter in pan.
- Spread remaining batter over filling mixture.
- Bake at 375 F for 45-55 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool right side up for about 25 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Blend 1 C confectioner's sugar and 2 Tbsp milk and drizzle over cake.
Leave a review or comment