Smokey Greens and Black Eyed Peas with BiscuitsPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Rich H61 recipes>
Black-eyed peas (the food, not the band) combined with delicious kale are melded together into a flavorful dish that is sauteed with onion and garlic and then made to really pop with smoked paprika! Yum!
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 bag (8 ounces) of black-eyed peas
- 1 bunch of fresh kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Soak the black-eyed peas according to the package directions. Preferably overnight.
- In a large saute pan or skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth, black-eyed peas and the kale. Cover and cook for about 12 minutes or until the kale is reduced.
- Stir in the smoked paprika and mix well. Allow to cook another 5 minutes or until the kale is tender.
- Add sea salt, ground pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Serve over brown rice or as a stand-alone dish with biscuits and fresh fruit.
Leave a review or comment