Sky High Cookie PieCook: 35 min Servings: 8by Lisa @ Flour Me With Love235 recipes>
This is a unique way to have all the wonderful tastes of an "ooey gooey" warm chocolate chip cookie. Place all the ingredients into a tender flaky crust, drizzle with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and you have the perfect sky high cookie pie!
- 1 double crust pie dough recipe, divided (or two refrigerated crusts)
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1 C walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 C butter (not margarine)
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Roll out one half of the pie dough; place in prepared pie plate. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of the chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt butter.
- Remove from heat, then add flour, sugar, vanilla and eggs; Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour over the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Roll out second half of dough; place on top of pie and crimp edges together. Cut a few slices in top of dough to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Before serving, I like to drizzle chocolate and caramel sauces on top!
- To make chocolate sauce, melt 1/2 C chocolate chips in microwave (on low).
- For the caramel sauce, put 1/4 C butter, 1/4 C sugar and 1 Tbsp milk in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment