Skirt Steak with Parmesan Chimichurri SaucePrep: 1 hours Cook: 6 min Servings: 4by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Super tender, delicious and affordable Skirt Steak with CREAMY Parmesan Chimichurri Sauce is the perfect summer meal! Get ready to impress your guests with this quick & easy #beef #dinner!
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, no stems
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed and seeded
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds skirt steak
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Chimichurri sauce
- For the chimichurri: combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process, scraping down the sides occasionally until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Take out a ¼ cup for marinating the steak and place the rest in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For the steak marinade: in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and ¼ cup Chimichurri sauce until well blended. Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper and place in a resealable plastic bag (cut steak in half crosswise to fit, if necessary). Pour in the marinate mixture, seal the bag and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat BBQ or heavy based skillet over high heat until smoking. Remove the steak from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (use meat thermometer to reach 132°F for medium rare or until cooked to your taste). Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 7-10 minutes.
- Cut thin slices against the grain and serve with remaining Chimichurri Sauce on the side.
Leave a review or comment