Skinnylightful Chicken Fried RicePrep: 15 min Cook: 6 min Servings: 6by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
We’re so excited to share our healthy recipe for this very popular Chinese restaurant dish. We’ve made this delicious fried rice with all skinny ingredients. First, we cut down on the oil, using canola and sesame oil. Next, we added brown rice instead of the typical white, lean chicken breasts, egg whites and reduced-sodium soy sauce. This dish is easy to prepare if you first get organized. We suggest you prepare the rice, chop the ingredients and gather the rest. When you’re ready to start cooking, it’s all there to add to your wok or pan. Don’t forget the chopsticks… Weight Watchers (old points) 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7 SKINNY FACTS: for one serving 281 calories, 7g fat, 18g protein, 35g carbs, 3g fiber, 461 mg sodiu
- 1½ tablespoons canola oil
- 1½ cups cooked and diced chicken breast, skin removed
- ½ cup sliced scallions (green onion)
- 3½ cups cooked brown rice, we like Basmati brown rice (~ 1 cup raw)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen peas, not thawed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions for garnish, if desired
- In a nonstick wok or large nonstick pan, add the canola oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Sir in the cooked chicken and scallions; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, frozen peas (breaking them up) celery, and soy sauce. Cook for about 3 minutes until heated through tossing gently to coat the ingredients. Push the rice mixture to the sides of the wok or pan. Add the egg whites to the center of the wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until the eggs are completely cooked. Mix eggs into the rice mixture. Add the sesame oil, pepper and stir fry the ingredients all together.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
Leave a review or comment