Skinny, Mini Mexican Meatball Tostada AppetizersPrep: 15 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 48by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
Delight your guests with these itty, bitty meatballs atop a mini tostada. This is such a yummy and simple appetizer to make that it might just become your go-to recipe! The skinny for each appetizer, 31 calories 1 gram fat and 1 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. So cute and so fun to eat!
- 1 egg, I like Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 (1 oz) package Lawry’s taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef or turkey
- Ingredients for Tostadas
- 48 Tostitos Baked Scoops, see shopping tip
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded or chopped fine
- ½ cup Nancy’s Skinny Ranch Dressing or fat-free sour cream
- ½ cup salsa, I like Pace Medium Chunky Salsa or your favorite
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together egg, onions, cornmeal, taco seasonings and salsa. Add beef or turkey and blend well.
- Using a measuring tablespoon, scoop 1 level tablespoon for each meatball and roll into a ball. Repeat to make 48 meatballs. Place meatballs on a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for about 12 minutes, until cooked completely. These can be prepped in advance and reheated before serving. They also freeze well.
- To assemble each mini tostada: Place 1 tablespoon lettuce in each baked scoop. Drizzle with Â½ teaspoon ranch or sour cream. Add 1 meatball. Drizzle Â½ teaspoon salsa on top of each. Repeat to make 48 meatballs.
- SKINNY FACTS: for 1 mini meatball tostada
- 32 calories, 1g fat, 3g protein, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 79mg sodium, 0g sugar
- Weight Watchers (old points) 1â¨
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 1
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
Leave a review or comment