Skinny Fall Apple Cake With Caramel GlazePrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 16by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
What a super yummy, easy to make, apple cake. It’s loaded with great fall flavors including tons of apple flavor since I’m adding fresh chopped apples, applesauce and apple juice to the cake mix. The skinny for each slice, 220 calories, 5 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Leave the glaze off and this cake has 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS!
- Ingredients for Cake:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix, see shopping tip
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾-1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, I like Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 cup apples, peeled and diced
- Ingredients for Caramel Glaze:
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Fall colored sprinkles for decoration, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray with flour in it, see shopping tip below.
- In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all the cake ingredients except the eggs and apples. Beat well.
- Add eggs and beat well again. Stir in diced apples.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into the coated Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from pan. Let cake cool a bit before adding glaze.
- To make caramel glaze: In a small bowl, add all glaze ingredients. Mix together until completely smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Decorate with fall colored sprinkles, If desired
- Makes 16 slices (each serving, 1 slice)
Leave a review or comment