Skinny Classic Baked BeansPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 5by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
Your search might just be over…These classic baked beans are simply wonderful. You’ll love the ease of this recipe, too. Made with such a rich barbecued flavor and a bit of a kick. Great to serve for barbecues or picnics with chicken, beef, pork, burgers or hot dogs. Many recipes for baked beans include bacon or chunks of pork. My recipe is completely vegetarian so it would be super tasty served over brown rice or roasted vegetables. The skinny for each serving, 168 calories, 1 gram of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz each) pinto beans, rinsed ad drained
- 1 can (15 oz) petit diced tomatoes
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or prepared yellow mustard (not Dijon)
- Several drops of Tabasco, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large nonstick pan, heat olive oil. Add onions and sautÃ© until tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans and remaining ingredients. Mix well and cook on medium for about 1 minute.
- Pour flavored beans into a greased 2 quart casserole dish (or similar size) ovenproof pan. Bake until beans are bubbly, about 25 minutes. Let stand to thicken slightly and serve. I like to make this recipe the day before and let thicken overnight.
- Makes about 5Â½ cups (each serving Â½ cup)
- ***For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com
Leave a review or comment