Skinny Chinese Chicken Salad Bites, 16 calories each!Prep: 15 min Servings: 36by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
I’m so excited to share this delectable appetizer. I recently tested these on my girlfriends and they scarfed them up in one fell swoop! So fun to serve for an appetizer but equally fun to make for a light lunch! They’re packed with super healthy, fiber rich ingredients. The crunchiness comes from the baked Tostitos scoops, broccoli slaw, cabbage and pea pods. Happily 3 delectable bites are only 48 calories, 1 gram of fat and 1 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS!
- 1½ cups (4 ounces) broccoli slaw, chopped fine
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped fine
- ⅔ cup cooked chicken breast, chopped fine (boneless, skinless), see shopping tip
- ⅔ cup pea pods, chopped fine
- ⅓ cup scallions sliced
- 3 tablespoons Light Asian Salad Dressing such as Trader Joe’s Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette or Ken’s Steak House Lite Asian Sesame Dressing, see shopping tip
- 36 Bakes Tostitos Scoops, see shopping tip
- Chop the broccoli slaw, cabbage, chicken, pea pods and scallions into very small pieces. In a large bowl, add all ingredients except the salad dressing and Tostitos scoops. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, toss with dressing
- Fill each Tostitos scoop with a little salad. It should be enough to make 36 bites.
- Makes 36 Chinese Chicken Salad Bites (each serving 3 bites)
- Shopping Tips-Most supermarkets sell Baked Tositos Scoops in the chip aisle.
- One of my favorite Asian style dressings is Trader Joeâs Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette. It doesnât say Light or Lite on the bottle but it is. A 2 tablespoons serving has 70 calories and 4 grams of fat. Another to try is Kenâs Steak House Lite Asian Sesame Dressing. It also has 70 calories and 4 grams of fat for 2 tablespoons.
Leave a review or comment