Skinny, Chicken and Veggie Stir-FryPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Wendy Saxena-Smith139 recipes>
This dish is fabulously healthy and has the most delicious sauce! And, it’s packed with chicken and veggies. You’ll love the 2 cup serving size. Each, fiber rich serving, has only 267 calories, 8 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
- Ingredients for Stir-Fry:
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (10-12 ounce) bag shredded cabbage, about 5 cups
- Ingredients for Sauce:
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame, canola or olive oil
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- First prep all vegetables and dice the chicken. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick wok or pan with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook stirring often, until cooked through and white inside. Remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, coat with more cooking spray and heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions, broccoli, zucchini, red bell peppers and water. Sauté over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is soft. Add cabbage and sauté another 2 minutes until cabbage is soft. Turn down to medium heat, add cooked chicken and sauce. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until all heated through. Stir constantly to blend everything.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
- Makes 4 servings. (each serving, ~2 cups)
Leave a review or comment