Skinny Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and Low Carb Lettuce WrapsPrep: 10 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
Here’s a fantastic way to get the taste of buffalo chicken without the grease and fat . And, they are actually really healthy too! You can make the chicken salad into sandwiches or low carb lettuce wraps. Both are fantastic tasting! They have a bit of a kick but not too hot. The skinny for each fiber rich sandwich, 204 calories, 3 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS. Two low carb lettuce wraps have 107 calories, 2 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Either way you choose to make them, watch everyone gobbled them up!!!
- Ingredients for Chicken Salad:
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt or regular nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons hot buffalo wing sauce (I like Frank’s RedHot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise, I like Best Foods (Hellman’s)
- 1½ teaspoons Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing dry mix, optional
- A little cracked black pepper
- 1¼ cups chicken, cooked and chopped (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup celery stalks, diced or sliced thin
- Ingredients for Sandwiches:
- 4 sandwich sandwich thins, I used Oroweat whole wheat or use your favorite
- 4 large slices tomato
- Ingredients for Lettuce Wraps:
- 4 large slices tomato, cut in half for each lettuce wrap
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, hot buffalo wings sauce, mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix (if desired) and a little black pepper. Mix well. Add chicken and celery. Mix until completely combined.
- To Make Sandwiches: Open each sandwich thin and spread ½ cup on the bottom of each. Top with 1 large slice of tomato. Top each with remaining half of sandwich thin.
- To Make Lettuce Wraps: Top each lettuce leaf with ¼ cup chicken salad and spread a little over the leaf. Top each lettuce wrap with a slice of tomato.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge.
- Makes 4 sandwiches, each ½ cup chicken salad
- Makes 8 lettuce wraps, each ¼ cup chicken salad (If serving for a meal, 2 lettuce wraps per person)
Leave a review or comment