Skillet Italian Sausage And PeppersPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by CookAndHook1 recipe>
Quick and easy, this Italian Sausage and Peppers in a skillet is a MUST try! And cooking it all in one pan makes clean up a breeze! One pan dinners are some of the best dinners! Quick and effortless they will become some of your favorites recipes on busy nights like this Pork Chops, Sheet Pan Chicken and Amazing Scallops
- I like to use a variety of pepper for this skillet recipe to give it color and flavor. Use what you have on hand or mix it up. You can use a sweet or regular onion for this recipe, whichever you prefer.
- Italian Sausage: 4-5 links sliced
- Olive Oil: For sautéing.
- Peppers: You’ll need 3 peppers
- Onion: Slice the onion for sautéing.
- Italian Seasoning: Combination powerhouse of flavor.
- Diced Tomatoes: One cannot drained.
- Tomato Sauce: Eight ounce can is all you need.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste.
- One and done! Dinner dishes are a breeze with this one skillet dish. You can use different kinds of sausages, I list a few down below. Make sure to cook link sausages to 160 degrees to ensure doneness. As long as they reach that temperature, even if they’re a bit pink in the middle, they’re done. Simmering it along with the vegetables will also cook the sausage a bit more if you’re not sure.
- Cook Sausage: In a large skillet over medium high heat add the sausage. Cook for 4-5 minutes and remove and set aside on a plate.
- Vegetables: Add the olive oil to the skillet with the bell peppers and onion. Sauté until tender.
- Combine: Add sausage back to the skillet. Add in Italian seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt and pepper.
- Cook: Let simmer until heated through.
Leave a review or comment