Skillet Chocolate Fudge CandyPrep: 20 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 36by Julia Ann Souders63 recipes>
A quick and easy chocolate fudge candy made in an electric skillet. This is from an Indiana Public Service Electric Co. brochure from 1977. ©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.”nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com All rights reserved.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare a 9 x 9 inch pan lined with aluminum foil with 2 inches overhang on sides. Butter it well.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients into an electric skillet.
- Set the temperature at 280 F.
- Stirring to blend, bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Turn the skillet off.
- Add the marshmallows,chocolate chips, pecans and vanilla.
- Stir until the marshmallows and chocolate chips are melted and blended smoothly.
- Pour the candy into the prepared pan.
- If poured into pan lined with aluminum foil, lift out by the foil overhang; cut into squares. Approx. 1 1/2 inches.
Leave a review or comment