Simple Orange ChickenPrep: 30 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
- 1 kilo boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into equal cubes)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Canola Oil (for frying)
- Orange Sauce-
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp orange zest (grated)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger root (minced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and shake in flour mixture to coat.
- Deep fry chicken in batches at 375 degrees in a deep fryer (or use a wok) until completely cooked.
- In a large saucepan combine 1 Â½ cups water, lemon juice, orange juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Blend well over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, orange zest, ginger garlic, and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly stir-in cornstarch mixture into sauce until it thickens.
- Pour sauce over breaded chicken, and if desired add red pepper flakes and garnish with green onions.
Leave a review or comment