Shrimp Potato SaladPrep: 2 hours Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
Cool Shrimp Salad is made even more refreshing with the snap of fresh lime juice and cilantro. This would be a substantial luncheon dish, doubly welcome because it can be made ahead. I'm not a fan of cocktail shrimp, frozen or canned. I strongly suggest using fresh cooked or the pre-cooked frozen shrimp found in the seafood section.
- 1 Lb. Small Shrimp, Cooked, Peeled & Deveined; Chopped
- 4 Cups Red Potatoes, Unpeeled, Cooked & Cubed
- 1 Cup Frozen Green Peas, Thawed
- 1/4 Cup Celery, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Fat-Free Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Fat-Free Mayonnaise (Hellmann's Prefered)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 3 Cups Shredded Iceburg Lettuce
- 3 Small Tomatoes, Cut Into Wedges
- In a large bowl combine; shrimp, potatoes, peas, celery, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl combine; sour cream, mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons of cilantro. Refrigerate until cold.
- Just before serving, toss shrimp mixture and sour cream mixture until potatoes are well coated.
- Serve on lettuce with tomatoes and remaining cilantro.
Leave a review or comment