Shrimp LinguinePrep: 25 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Shrimp Linguine is an easy and healthy, low calories, low fat, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, WeightWatchers (6) Points+ and diabetic friendly recipe. Shrimp, tomatoes and escarole with clam juice and linguine make up this delicious and well seasoned Italian-Style seafood dish.
- 8 oz whole wheat linguine
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb peeled and deveined raw shrimp, (16-20 per pound)
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 cups thinly sliced escarole, (2-3 heads) or chard leaves
- 1/4 cup clam juice, or water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook linguine until just tender, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, 1/4 tsp of the salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and cook until pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add in the garlic and the remaining 1 tsp olive oil to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Add escarole (or chard) in handfuls, stirring until it wilts before adding more; cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Whisk clam juice (or water) and cornstarch in a small bowl then add to the pan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan, add the lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 1/4 tsp black pepper and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Drain the linguine and return it to the pot. Add the sauce; toss to coat. Serve with lemon wedges.
Leave a review or comment