Shrimp Ceviche AppetizerPrep: 15 min Cook: 3 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Shrimp Ceviche Appetizer is an easy and quick recipe for a tasty South American seafood appetizer that would be a great option for your summer barbecue gatherings aor any time since it is prepared on the stovetop and served cold. Shrimp, carrots, jicama, onions,, cilantro, orange juice and lime juice combine for a tasty latin appetizer for any special get together. takes less than an hour start to finish. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic and Weight Watchers (3) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 lb uncooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup thin matchlike jicama sticks
- 1/4 cup slivered red onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Tortilla Chips (Optional)
- Add shrimp to boiling water in a medium size saucepan; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain; rinse under cold running water. Drain well; place in a medium size bowl.
- Mix juices, dressing and cilantro together. Add to shrimp; toss to evenly coat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips if desired.
Leave a review or comment