Shanghai Spring Rolls With Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 lb unpeeled fresh shrimp
- 2 lrg Large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 lb grnd pork
- 1 can water chestnuts - (8 ounce) liquid removed, chopped
- 1 can bamboo shoots - (8 ounce) liquid removed, chopped
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 2 x green onions diced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 pkt spring roll wrappers - (12 ounce)
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Sweet Chili Sauce (see recipe)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if you like; finely chop. Stir together shrimp, 1 egg, pork, and next 8 ingredients.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. mix in center of each spring roll wrapper. Fold top corner of each wrapper over filling, tucking tip of corner under filling, and fold left and right corners over filling. Lightly brush remaining corner with remaining egg; tightly roll filled end toward remaining corner, and gently press to seal.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches into a medium saucepan, and heat to 350 degrees. Fry spring rolls, a few at a time, 6 min or possibly till golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve spring rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce and over lettuce leaves, if you like.
- This recipe yields 15 spring rolls.
- Yield: 15 spring rolls
Leave a review or comment