Savory Beef Short Ribs
A hearty fall time recipe sure to delight your family.
- 3 to 4 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. tomato juice
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pkg. (9 ounce.) frzn green beans
- Flour for gravy
- Cooked noodles, optional
- Brown ribs in own fat or oil, if needed.
- Pour off drippings; season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Add in water, tomato juice, bouillon cubes, herbs, and onion.
- Cover tightly; cook slowly for 2 hrs.
- Throw away bay leaves. Add in parsley flakes, carrots, and green beans.
- Cover; cook for 30 min longer, or until meat is tender and vegetables are done.
- Thicken liquid with flour for gravy.
- Serve over cooked noodles, if you wish.
Leave a review or comment