Salmon Wild Rice pattie cakesServings: 8by Foodessa345 recipes>
Transform the humdrum canned SALMON with enthusiasm into Salmon Wild Rice pattie cakes. For a dedicated post...refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2018/01/canned-salmon-recipes-with-pizzazz.html
- . 1 can (7.5 oz. /213 g) ‘sockeye’ salmon, well drained (or fresh cooked salmon~ 3/4 cup/ 210g)
- . 1-1/2 cups cooked, Wild rice*, packed
- . 2 xLarge eggs
- . 1 Tbsp. low-sodium Soy sauce
- . 1 Tbsp. e.v.Olive oil
- . 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- . 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic powder
- . 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- . 1 small carrot, finely grated
- . 1/4 cup fresh ‘Italian’ flat parsley leaves, chopped
- . 1/4 cup fresh dill fronds, chopped
- . 1/4 cup chickpea flour (regular flour is fine)
- . 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- . * Rule of thumb: 1 cup of uncooked Wild rice renders about 4 cups cooked. Cooking method: In a medium saucepan, boil 5 cups of water. Add in the rice. When there is a surface boil, lower the heat to LOW-MEDIUM and cook for 25 minutes. Shut the heat. Cover and let it rest for a little while. Drain and fluff with a fork.
- . NOTE: Although, not absolutely necessary...it’s best to prepare this mixture ahead of time. The flavours and textures will bind better together.
- . In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, soy sauce, oil, seasoning, carrot and fresh herbs together. Add in and mash the salmon into the egg mixture. Then, add in the rice and mix well. Add in the flour and coconut. Combine fully and pat the mixture down into the bowl. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- ...Later: Pre-heat the oven at 375F. Position the rack on the 2nd level from the bottom. Prepare a large, silicone mat or parchment lined baking pan.
- . With the aid of a regular ice-cream scoop, make, packed and leveled portions. Gently, extract onto the pan. Lightly flatten into 3 inch medium patties.
- . Baking method: BAKE the patties for 20 minutes to then close the heat and leave them in for another 10 minutes. They are ready to eat right away.
- ... OPTIONAL ... Cooking / frying method: 6 Tbsps. frying oil (divided in 2 portions): In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil combined with grapeseed oil at MEDIUM-HIGH. Add the patties and cook them about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Once cooked, transfer them on the prepared rack and paper towel to extract any undesirable grease. REPEAT with the remaining oil and patties.
- . Serve as is or with your sauce of choice. These can be frozen and then re-warmed at very low heat.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment