Salmon and Vegetable ChowderPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Salad Foodie405 recipes>
Creamy yet light, this veggie chowder delight can serve year-round as a stand-alone soup for lunch or dinner. To round it out, add tossed or fruit salad and chewy artisan bread.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth, divided
- 2 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (or half & half0
- 2 cups cooked salmon chunks, or 1 can (14.75 oz) salmon, drained and skin removed
- In 2 1/2 qt.saucepan cook onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic in 1/4 cup of the broth until tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, salt, dill and remaining broth. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or til vegetables are tender.
- Add zucchini and simmer 5 minutes covered.
- Add corn, milk and salmon, stir and heat until warmed through.
- Yield: About 7 cups.
Leave a review or comment