Salisbury Steak with Horseradish Mushroom GravyPrep: 15 min Cook: 45-55 min Servings: 8by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
This is comfort food to me. It's a timeless classic and it's still yummy today. It is a great one pot meal that can be finished in a crock pot too, just brown the beef patties first. Serve it over egg noodles and it's hearty, tasty dinner.
- beef patty:
- 2 lbs lean ground meat
- 1 medium onion, diced (1/4 to 1/2 reserved)
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs approx.
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup of soup/gravy mixture
- Gravy mixture:
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup , undiluted
- 2 lg jars brown gravy
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- reserved onions from above
- Mix the gravy ingredients together in a lg bowl. Add soup, gravy and horseradish mix well and reserve a 1/2 cup for beef. Then add onions and mushrooms and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the beef patties together and shape into approx. 8-10 patties.
- Saute the patties a few at a time in a large pot, brown well but don't cook through.
- When all patties are browned and semi-cooked add the gravy mixture to the pot stir well and place all the patties back into the pot.
- Cover and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer till meat cooked. 30 to 40 mins or longer if you like. Stirring occasionally but gently so you don't break the patties.
- Serve over buttered egg noodles
Leave a review or comment