Rustic Ribeye on CiabattaPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Rustic Ribeye on Ciabatta is grilled steak, pesto lime aioli, sugar caramelized onions, melted cheese and garlic butter artisan bread!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 3 rib eye steaks, cooked medium rare sous vide or grilled with salt and pepper
- Spinach leaves, tomato slices, banana peppers or other fixings you desire
- In a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat, add the garlic oil, 1 tablespoon butter and brown sugar. Once the butter is melted, place the onions into the pan in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes. Pour in the vinegar, cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water to loosen, if necessary. Cook until golden and caramelized, then set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the pesto sauce, mayonnaise and lime juice. Stir until well combined, cover and store in the refrigerator until assembling.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Cut the ciabatta loaf in half horizontally. Into the ¼ cup melted butter, stir in the onion and garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Brush the melted butter mixture onto both side of the bread. Place the slices of Muenster cheese on the bottom piece. Place on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- I always sous vide my steaks so they are beautifully juicy, tender and cooked perfectly, and at this point, I just grill them off on a grill pan that is very hot for about a minute per side. If you are grilling your steaks in a pan, this is the time to do it to the temperature that you prefer. After the steak has set for 5 minutes, thinly slice against the grain.
- To assemble the sandwich, take the top and bottom of the ciabatta loaf and spread on the pesto mixture. Layer with the steak, caramelized onions, spinach, tomato, banana peppers or any other fixings you desire. Cut into 4 equal size pieces and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment