This looks so delicious!
I have never used Vegeta before, but have, I think seen on the shelves at the local grocery store. If I can't find it, is there a close substitute that I can use?
Russian chicken with feta cheesePrep: 5 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica488 recipes>
Tender chicken with delicious vodka and feta cheese sauce.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 3 tsp Vegeta or similar seasoning
- 5 tbs butter
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 small onion (60g), chopped
- 1 tbs flour
- 30 ml vodka
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbs tomato concentrate
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 200 ml cream
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 tbs parsley. chopped
- Lightly rub chicken fillets with Vegeta. Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan and fry the fillets until golden.
- Remove from the pan and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Add to the pan in which the fillets were fried 2 remaining tablespoons of butter, sauté garlic and onion for several minutes until the onion is tender.
- Stir in flour, then add vodka and water and bring to the boil.
- Stir in tomato paste, pepper, sour cream and feta cheese. Simmer, gently stirring, until the sauce becomes thick.
- Pour the prepared sauce over chicken and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, serve with gnocchi or cooked rice.
Leave a review or comment