Rum Tum TiddyServings: 1by Chez la mere373 recipes>
a southern thang
- 1 large egg beaten
- A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (or a little more) of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecan pieces
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (just throw 3 pieces of white bread into a food processor, et voilà)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pickled okra sliced into rounds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 inch square baking dish. I used a 7x9 inch Pyrex dish my MIL had because it was blue and white and super cute, and that worked just fine.
- In a small glass softly beat one egg. In a large bowl combine the Worcestershire sauce, cheddar cheese, pecans and bread crumbs. Add the egg and stir gently to combine.
- In a medium skillet melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onion and saute until just browned. Add the tomato sauce and cook until incorporated. Pour the onion and tomato sauce over the bread crumb mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the whole thing into the buttered dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until firm. I baked mine for about 30 minutes and I probably could of let it stay in for another 5 minutes. Every oven is different, so just keep checking it after 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then cut in 12 or 16 squares. I then went ahead and cut a few in half to make triangles, just for looks.
- Put the Parmesan on a plate and roll the squares (or triangles!) to coat. Place a pickled okra round on each and secure with a toothpick.
Leave a review or comment