Roasted Halibut or Sea Bass with Balsamic Garlic glazePrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
This recipe got rave reviews in a cookbook I love. However, it wasn't as boldly flavored as I would like. If you're looking for a simple, elegant dish with mild flavors, you will probably love it.
- 2 pounds sea bass or halibut steak or fillets
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a small bowl whisk vinegar, olive oil, soy and garlic together. Add salt and pepper and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Put fish in a zip lock bag and pour in marinade. Turn to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roast fish in roasting pan, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness, until flaky but still moist. Check with fork if needed.
- Cut into serving pieces and serve with juices from pan.
Leave a review or comment