Roasted Garlic And Carnitas Quesadillas
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil plus
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg Garlic heads
- 3 x Flour Tortillas see * Note
- 1 c. Carnitas see * Note
- (slightly warmed, or possibly at room temperature)
- 6 Tbsp. Grated Anejo cheese
- Green Chile Paste see * Note
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drizzle 1 tsp. of the extra virgin olive oil over each head of garlic and then wrap in aluminum foil. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 1 hour 15 min, or possibly till soft throughout. Set aside to cold.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- When the garlic is cold sufficient to handle, slice each head in half across the width and squeeze the roasted garlic paste into a bowl, discarding the skins.
- Lay the tortillas out on a counter and, with a spatula, spread a thin, even layer of garlic paste over the entire surface of each one. Divide the Carnitas in thirds and spread over the bottom half of each tortilla. Sprinkle with the cheese. Fold over the top half to enclose the filling. Brush the top sides with the remaining 2 tsp. of oil.
- Heat a griddle or possibly dry cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place a stuffed tortilla, oiled side down, in the pan and toast about a minute on each side, just to heat through. Keep hot on a tray in the oven while finishing the rest. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with the Green Chile Paste.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment