Rhubarb Crisp RecipePrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 8by Doctor Jo27 recipes>
Rhubarb crisp is the perfect combination of sweet and tart. The inside is stuffed with juicy sweetened rhubarb. Top the fruit with crunchy oats and brown sugar crumble. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Now that is my idea of a spring-time dessert.
- 3 cups rhubarb cut 1-inch pieces (360 g)
- 3 cups apples peeled and diced 1/2 inch pieces (360 g)
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 4 tbsp instant tapioca (42 g)
- 1 cup rolled oats old-fashioned (99 g)
- ½ cup brown sugar packed (106 g)
- ½ cup butter melted (113 g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (90g)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together the rhubarb, apples, sugar and instant tapioca
- Put the fruit mixture in an oval or square 9 X 9-inch baking pan
- For Topping:Mix together the rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour.
- Melt the butter and add to the oats mixture. Stir until the dry ingredients are all moistened.
- Add topping to the fruit. Bake 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with some vanilla icecream.
Leave a review or comment