Reunion Dinner - Bountiful Goldfish Salad (年年有余)Prep: 45 min Cook: 3 min Servings: 6by Blackswan82 recipes>
This is my 1st attempt creating this Bountiful Goldfish Salad. Nian Nian You Yu (年年有余) symbolizes abundance though the year. The character 余 (Yu) is the homophone of 鱼 (Yu). Hence, fish was used to highlight this Chinese New Year dish.
- 800g medium Prawns
- 1 Green apple
- 1 can of Tuna flakes
- 3 slices Smoked salmon (fins, mouth)
- Few strands of Jelly fish (tail)
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Parsley flakes
- 2 Raisins (eyes)
- 1 Dried Cherry (mouth)
- Grounded black pepper
- Lettuce for decoration
- Shell & devein prawns. Rinse. Blanch prawns in boiling water. Remove immediately when prawns turn pink & transfer to cold water to top cooking process.
- Half the prawns & set aside.
- Remove apple skin. Cut into cubes & put in salt water to prevent it from turning brown. Mix tuna with apples, mayo, parsley & pepper.
- Begin moulding the shape of the fish by using the tuna mixture. To make "scales", layer the prawns according to pix below.
- When shape is formed, use mayo to make to line the body. Finally, cut the 2 slices of Salmon into the shape of fins; roll 1 slice to form the mouth. Cut cherry into tiny bites & add 1 to the center of the mouth. Decorate tail with Jelly Fish & youâll get your creative dish for the festive mood!
Leave a review or comment