Quick and Simple Steelhead Trout RecipePrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 8by Kitchen Dreaming4 recipes>
This trout is elegant enough for entertaining guests, but it’s also simple enough to make it for weeknight dinners. In my house, this meal is also very kid friendly. Steelhead Trout is flaky, moist and juicy with a beautiful ruby red coloration.
- 1 steelhead trout or salmon fillet
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- salt, pepper
- 1 teaspoon of zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil as the skin will stick to the pan.
- In a small skillet or saucepan, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes, until the shallot softens.
- Add the garlic and the lemon zest, cook for another minute. Cool slightly. Squeeze in half of the lemon juice.
- Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the butter sauce over the fish.
- Sprinkle with half of the minced dill.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes. The best way to check for doneness is to use a fork to gently prick the fish, and if it flakes easily, it's ready.
- Use two spatulas to take the fish off the baking sheet in one piece, or cut it into sections for serving.
- Squeeze the other half of the lemon juice over the fish and garnish with a little more fresh dill.
Leave a review or comment