Putu AyuPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by Christine104 recipes>
Putu Ayu is a popular traditional steamed coconut cupcakes in Indonesia. They are cute, fragrant, delicious and soft cupcakes to eat!
- 250gr baking flour
- 225 gr granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 130ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ovalette/sponge cake stabilizer
- 200 gr grated coconut
- Green coloring - as needed
- Cooking oil - as needed
- Pandan juice/essence - as needed
- Putu Ayu molds or plastic jelly molds
- Boil the coconut milk. Let it cool.
- Thinly grease the molds with cooking oil.
- Make some pandan juice and pandan leaf cuts from fresh pandan leaves. I prefer using real pandan juice instead of the artificial pandan essence since the cupcake's pandan aroma would be very different with real pandan juice.
- Mix sugar and eggs together in high speed until the mixture is thick. Add in the sponge cake stabilizer. Mix well again until white and fluffy.
- By using spatula, add in flour, cold coconut milk, pandan juice and green coloring into the cake batter. Mix well slowly until even.
- Put a layer of fresh grated coconut on the bottom of the greased molds. Press the grated coconut a bit with one finger to make the final results firmer.
- Heat the steamer. Pour the cake batter onto molds until they're 90% full. Put one cut of pandan leaf on top to give extra pandan savor.
- Steam the cupcake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Release the cupcake from the molds and serve warm.
Leave a review or comment